Friday, October 28, 2005

Credit Card Day:::::::::::::::

My Shiney new FEMA credit card came today. It is a Master Card with the words "The United States of America" across the top. It came via UPS about 5 pm today and cascaded a series of events I have been waiting for. I had to call my boss in Austin and remind him who I was (Oh YEah you're Mary's boy) it has been so long. He is going too make sure I am attached to the right job function in Lousiana and then I call one number, make a change in my status as "ready to go" (no shit) and FEMA man has his cape and launch point again!!!!! I have to wait for one more call (there is a code number I need to get before I can put charges on my card for this disaster.... it is how they keep the charges for them seperate)

My boss Kent promised to call me tomorrow so it is possible I will be traveling that quickly. Either way it should be very soon now. Very few hanging chads between me and the airplane terminal. More info as it comes available.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that FEMA MAN has the adventure that he has been waiting for. I know you will do great things wherever you go. The best of luck to you FEMA MAN.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

well, FEMA MAN, it seems you are almost on the road to success! anywho... have fun in the southern sun... And i know how you feel on tennesse so you might want to avoid that one 2... :)

Jake

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve!!! Sorry I haven't checked back here sooner, but, you know how it is...I'm THAT lazy! Glad thing's are (finally) taking off (apparently/hopefully). FYI, you missed one HECK of a party at C&R's. By the way, do you prefer Steve, or Fema Man? Just wanna help keep the ol' secret identy secret, ya know. Best wishes!!!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

I guess I'm the "C" in "C & R". You did miss one of our best parties. This, of course, is just my humble opinion. I am wondering what a FEMA Man costume would look like?

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

unfortunatly, it probably involves a cape and a leotard... X(

Jake

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home