Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wednesday… Happy February:::::::::::::

I have been omitting a feature of most of my days that I will share for now. I left it out cause at first I thought it was kinda corny and then kind of private until today think it needs to be talked about. Every day the DMORT team has a meeting. It is a quick huddle that starts usually at 7 am and then more recently at 8 am. Every single morning they all stand, turn and face the flag and speak the pledge of allegiance. Then they all bow their heads and have about 90 seconds of silence “For the Victims” as a way to start off their work days. At first I was seriously non-plussed about this little ritual but came to eventually enjoy it. Seems to reinforce that we are here to serve our country and make respectful peace with the dead. It is kind of the feelings I signed up for… the opportunity to do something meaningful and give back something to a life that has been so good to me.

First of the month is always a pain. Time to putz with the Rental car .. I usually try to do timesheets, rental car and expenses in the same day so it is not three days of having to be out of place to get my stuff done. My current car is kinda muddy and says it needs an oil change so I will try to trade it for a cleaner full size car if they will do so. Maybe a pickup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home