Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Moving Day

Hi All, Sorry for being absent but no new news to report till this afternoon. When things move they all seem to move at one time. I have been assigned to the Baton Rouge Joint Field Office (JFO) (( Lets get used to these acronyms!!)). I would be traveling today, but the Midland airport has no connecting flights not sold out prior till tomorrow so I will be flying out on Thursday morning and be in Baton Rouge about noonish on the same day. I am getting a "Compact Car 4dr Auto AC" to drive (POS) but at least it will blow cool air (one hopes). Here is the fun part, the travel agent says there is no hotel availability in town anywhere and I am waiting for a phone call from my on site supervisor about a place to stay. I am informed that I may be sleeping in the field office till a room opens somewhere (imagine me without coffee).

I will more fully chronicle the actual travel day , maybe even as it happens since I have layover in Houston and some time in the Midland airport as well. I am carrying two giant suitcases, a shoulder bag suitcase and my laptop bag. Call it 140 lbs of luggage. So.. for my fashion concious friends, on occaison my underwear will not match and.. AND.. my shoes will not be the cutest I own for the outfit I wear. No pictures till I get unpacked as I do not want to have to try to get all that through security. Here we GO!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats a lot of heavy luggage there FEMA MAN!!! Don't you have a side kick to carry that heavy stuff for you?

The sleeping at the JFO (gosh I hope that's the right acronym) sounds like a lot of fun to. I am sure that others need coffee too. So maybe you will have other crime fighters who have that same caffeine addiction.

I hope that you have a great adventure. Save lots of lives, fight injustice, and make the world a safer place to live. LOL

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me updated. I will keep checking in to read the adventures.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

X & O' s

Your one true Love!

6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home