Friday, February 17, 2006

Louisiana Drivers::::::::::::;;;

Louisiana Drivers::::::::::::;;;

I hate this state for the traffic and drivers among other things. In Baton Rouge the city is over crowded by a flood of Katrina refugees as well as standard traffic, bad planning and a vast assortment of bad habits that drivers have. I have found that they tend to drive insanely fast where there is no room to do so… treating slower cars like gates on a giant slalom OR drive insanely slow…. Two lane highway, modern car going 40 mph in a 55 mph zone … creating long lines of impatient drivers behind them that try to pass 15 or 20 cars at a time ( I head for the shoulder). Within Baton Rouge, and within 3 or 4 miles of any interstate, it is grid lock or thereabout for 8 am to 6 pm. It is common to wait 6 or 7 or more light cycles to get through ever intersection. Drivers tend to pull out into intersections blocking traffic…. Crating longer lines which in turn block the intersection… No wonder my blood pressure spiked down here. My other favorite is lane crossing near intersections.. so imagine if you will… an intersection with ten lanes of traffic going 5 each both ways and no center median. It seems to be popular sport to try to cross all ten of those lanes 50 or 60 feet from the intersection when this traffic is totally stalled. These drivers universally seem to think if they catch my eye.. and POINT where they want to go that somehow it is ok to do that and even possible. Why do these people think it is ok to even try to do those things.. is a left hand turn in this exact spot SO important that you will interrupt the traffic flow of hundreds of other people? If I can just survive this place with no accidents in this FEMA paid for rental car I will be a very happy boy.

The morgue at Carville has been officially named the VIC.. victims identification center…. For whatever reason.. the whole world knows it as DMORT at Carville so when you see that on the news here in the next few days that is us.

Have you seen the cartoons that have set the Islamic world to rioting? I decided I needed to go look for them to see these inflammatory images and see if I could generate a particle of empathy for the position they find themselves in. I have included a link for it below. I have looked at them, and while I am pretty sure I could not determine if any of them actually look like Muhammad I am just totally at a loss to understand what the clamor is about. I rarely make group judgments about behavior or countries, but it is clear to me that we as a country and society.. true western society with values of free speech and other personal freedoms are at risk from this entire population that is creating this degree of violence. So Europe, Australia and North America are finding themselves truly at odds with a population of about 1.6 billion people. Since demonstrably their first reaction seems to be violence instead of civilized debate, I am ready to pronounce my judgment on the entire population of the Middle East. These are dangerous children and ought not be allowed to roam freely about the planet. The world has tried in the past to eradicate populations (Jews, Serbs, and to some degree Christians and also Muslims at different times) and there are always survivors and the people that tried to eradicate them tended to be Nazis or worse. So the world has to learn to live with a stone age culture that has money thanks to our Saudi, Iraqi and Iranian friends and access to modern freedoms which they use against us. But from this point forward… let none of them count on my empathy regarding the treatment of an entire class of individuals.

http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/jyllands-posten_cartoons/

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

well, about the traffic, at least it is not your car.

I believe, for the muslims, that depciting Muhammad in a visual context is a sin, to invite the anger of God, etc, etc...

Still, the general thought going around work is "at least it isn't us"

Jake

8:30 PM  
Blogger Steve Morse- Adventures in Disasters said...

Jake!!! thanks guy... still... kind of my point really... about the only group in the US at this point that I compare with this misguided, violent and immature behavior is that bunch of morons out of Kansas that protest war dead funerals because of some hare braned thing or another. The behavior from the middle east just suggests that there are ONLY violent solutions to issues... Reasonable people can set aside certain philosophical differences to have peace, commerce and guarantees of national security.. essentially agree to live differently and hands off. I now lack any confidence that moderate leaders will ever emerge and guide these dangerous children into better behavior modes. I can see our culture forever locked in violent confrontation with this stone aged group of school bullies with weapons. This will not end well.... at least I am hearing few preach appeasment.... Churchill would be SPINNING in his grave over this. Always good to hear your thoughts Jake.....

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home