Friday, August 25, 2006

Now for the Heat::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

wow is it hot. Our building has spotty air conditioning... my desk sits under the thermostat and was at 88 degrees for most of the day yesterday. Kept me moving to the cooler areas to do work... ;-). The disaster is moving along very quickly.. they are already reducing hours to five and a half days a week and I expect they will get out of here in record time. It has been good to be involved with setting up a disaster center and making all the pieces parts run. I have become more impressed with the region I work in as a result. They work very hard to be prepared for this type event.

We are about to lose people to both the anticipation of the hurricane out in the atlantic and also the two declarations apparently out of New Mexico and the fire declaration out of Nevada. Due to the security constraints that DHS has placed on us we cannot reasonably hire local hires for work at places like this... I am not sure what that means long term for our Cadre but it does mean we are going to have to hire people for disaster work we have not seen perform in this environment.

The room I am in is quite nice.. very close to the pool... they serve snacks at night till 7 and a continental breakfast... you can drink there in the evening too if you like... so I am lookingforward to being able to spend some time here.

I am pretty much already tired of Mexican food. Imagine that.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home