Wednesday, April 26, 2006

GOING Home:::::::::::::::::::::::

Started the trip home yesterday. Checkout at Katrina 1603 was without any comment worthy delay. Seems the FEMA machine is working smoothly and not even the car rental company wanted to give me any grief. (I knocked off the front license plate). Great learning experience here but glad to be going home. I have to go to Arkansas on May 7 for a couple weeks or perhaps a bit more to finish up a little tornado disaster over there. The good news is I am going as a Network manager for this little disaster which is actually smaller in manpower than the bit of network I had to manage out at the Morgue at Carville.

I got most of my stuff packed today in Andrews for the trip back .. my trailer and truck are loaded and I got to at least touch all my toys again!!!.. The motorcycle started instantly and while it is still trailer mounted, it was a sight for sore eyes. I will be driving tothe springs tomorrow with Trena and we are taking two vehicles and two trailers full of all the stuff I brought down here in the days before deploying for Katrina. I am looking foreward to sleeping in my own bed (my fema bed sucked) and having some days of doing my own stuff. Making money pales in a while in lieu of having time to go spend it.

I am going to quickly purchase a new Big Screen TV. .. and a DVD player to use with it (HDMI of course) and I am going to upgrade my wireless network (going wireless g with that fast stuff that lets you connect at 54 instead of 11) and build a server on it in Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 server edition.. I guess I need to do that to study over my break time and be more proficient with server software on the next trip out. I am buying a brand new BBQ grille for those steaks I am going to make. I look forward to my second spring in Colorado this year having had the first one in Louisiana a couple months ago. and a LONG summer by the pool.

So the movers are bringing my stuff out of storage on Friday and I hope to be substantially moved in by afternoon saturday, go to TESS' party and brunch on Sunday the 30th!! I am going to relax as best I can during that week before the 7th roles around, visit the doctor and get some sweaty excercise then pack up the "GO" bag and head for the hills again for a little while. I look forward to seeing you all here soon!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no place like home. I hope you enjoy it. I for one am happy about it. I am sure this summer will be a good one. I am very sure all your friends will be happy to have you back.

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home