Friday, September 01, 2006

A New Month:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;;

Starting a new month in the field is always fun. People are trying to get reports to the managers they report to off site.. politicians are trying to make hay this time of year before the elections so they look good.. and it all runs on data.

The PA people are a hoot... lets be generous and say most of them are long retired and while they are interested in helping and hold a great deal of knowledge, they lack a certain patience for modern methods of dealing with data (computers) and other things the rest of us call rules. They tend to like the room temp to be about 78, and are generally retired people of substance that tend to make the mistake of talking to people like me as if we are servants.. :-D usually only happens once. Today I got a computer ticket, hand written that said simply "Cannot get it up".... My boss actually shot coffee through his nose when I showed it to him... so.. I went all through the call center asking for assistance with this problem as I am not at all sure what to do with the problem at all. Thankfully an unnamed Logistics manager gave me a little blue triangular pill which I taped to the work request and which I quietly returned to the desk with the instructions, "take immediately... call a doctor if erections lasts more than four hours" (now personally if I had one that long I would brag big time about it)... All told when the PA crew that this gentleman was imbedded in came back and read both the request and the solution I had quite a bit of hilarity on my hands and one beet red and angry septigenarian that wanted to talk to my boss that actually had to look away to control himself. The day ended with no one hurt and the little blue pill returned to its owner.. (it was a cut down altoids). And you thought desktop support did not have its moments.

New Mexico will be running Monday for some reason and I will not have anything to do with it.. going to be here for awhile longer for sure. We are starting to lose people already and are down ten this week from last. So it begins.

More as it becomes available

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really appreciate your keeping all of us up-to-date on what is going on with you. Mom

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you and your wit. Keep those funny stories coming. I am glad that I can read them on your blog. It makes me feel one step closer to being there with you.
Come home soon. Trena

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home