Sunday, February 26, 2006

Mardis Gras

Hi guys... Have had an internet outage among other issues so no blogging lately. This is the weekend that the major portion of the Fat Tuesday celebration begins and ends on Tuesday late. The BEFORE and AFTER pics of me are on another posting.. it was rainy and cold for the Spanish Town parade, the biggest one in Baton Rouge. Just decided it was not worth going to New Orleans for this. It is still pretty nasty down there and it was raining all weekend, just cleared up this afternoon along with my internet.



The parade had a very anti FEMA theme, and was indeed titled... "FEMA-ture Evacuation" and filled with themes of FEMA trailers, blue tops, beaurocracy and other negative images. Every politician was lambasted from the mayor to the governor up through washington DC.









It was a fun two hours tell the truth but I am pretty sure it is not a party I would come down here for. The Streets of Spanish Town were so badly littered and nasty that you could not imagine it. Everyone kept their clothes on while I was there but the weather was mostly the culprit, it certainly was a festive atmosphere.



Anyway.. the "AFTER" pic of me is below.. it was a interesting to be buried in so many beads... I have on the order of 50 lbs of them in the apartment now following the last two weeks of parades around here... They are kinda neat and I am going to take a bag to work tomorrow.. FEMA is not letting people off work for Mardis Gras, (those slave driving bastards!!!) so I am going to take beads to work to .. ummm.. dispense... :-D..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look very happy! Thanks for the update. Mom

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home