Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Food Related maunderings::::::::

Ok... when you are feeling better and rested it is kind of amazing what catches your eye in places to eat. I was asked in a Dennys yesterday if I wanted grits with my "Moons over My Hammy".... I asked the waitress if anyone she knew ever ate them and she said "no..not unless they sound like you::"... (eyeroll).... I went to a Noodles and company where they advertised "Real Wisconsin Macaroni and Cheese" which is a favorite of mine... and.. had great expectations of some REAL mac and cheese... ok.. not so much... The Country Buffet has tobasco, tartar sauce and "chili sauce" on those pump applicators at the end of an isle .... they will also serve you a bloody steak if you ask for it.. I would caution you if you DO ask for one wear an apron.. they will bring it out making a pool on your plate. The corn bread has the option of eating it with either honey or REAL maple syrup.... I recommend the rhubarb pie too.. it was like home style for sure......

I get a day off Sunday.. and work hours go down an hour a day to 7 am to 6 pm six days a week... see how long that lasts.. but I think it looks good to get outa here early October for me still. Got my laundry washed and folded this morning..I now have fresh smelling clothes... I onlly have one long sleeved t-shirt and a very light fema jacket for this disaster... and cooler weather is starting this weekend with rain etc. I hate to go back to wearing long pants all the time again.. but oh well.. summer has been awesome for the shorts......

This place has the palest people in it...

Everyone have a good week ... more as I think it up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're out and about. BTW: How is "Real Wisconsin Macaroni and Cheese" different from any other mac & cheese?

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give us more info about the people of the "north." Checked to see about an update all day yesterday--hope you are feeling ok now and that you did have a day off. Mom

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home