Saturday, September 15, 2007

Slowdown:::::::::::::::::;

Ok.. Tomorrow is a day off and I am looking forward to the rest. We had last Sunday off and it was nice but this one is really worth it. We started releasing Community Relations people this week and are now down to 171 people today from 205 fema people. that still leaves over 30 per IT guy so we will likely not downsize till Oct 1 although our hours will likely go way down in the next two weeks. I am the first one of the group to go so as long as I make Oct 1 I am happy.

There was wierdness in the JFO today. The human Services group try to put people in trailers to use as homes till their regular houses are completely fixed or 18 months which ever comes first. Before they set those trailers at someones house they have to do an inspection.. because they hook up sewage, power etc to the trailer before they walk away from it. The HS people got a call from a household that was supposed to get a trailer that was a complaint ..... apparently the home owners were upset that FEMA sent "an African" to evaluate the trailer site. There were aparently more words which I did not get and the whole thing was turned over to the managers to smooth over... seriously.....

The portions in restraunts here are just gigantic. I have only not taken home leftovers when I simply could not put any more in the fridge. Serious lumberjack meals no matter where or what. There is a chain of "Bakers something or other" that specializes in pie and a diverse kinda american menu. I ate there tonight.. (Cobb salad the size of a bale of hay) and I finished it off with a piece of "Carmel Pecan Satin Supreme" pie.. holy shit... four layers.. bottom like pecan pie.. next like cheese cake.. next like a carmel candy but not chewy and finally whip cream with carmel and chocolate sprinkles. wow.. come to Minnesota for THIS pie. Now I had a text message exchange with my SO Trena before ordering and she convinced me to order the salad instead of the 1/2 lb hamburger with real wisconsin chedar..... but when she suggested that I should not have the pie, her signal got kinda weak.. breaking up really.....

Frost this morning and 32 degrees... I do not have quite enough long sleeved shirts to make a week so.. either I try to man up and do short sleeves in Minnesota or I go buy another one or two from Farm Fleet.. i need to box up stuff to send home anyway I guess. They gave us shirts (short sleeved ofcourse).. I got a coat and wool hat in Louisiana... and short sleeved shirts in Minnesota in September.. go figure.

Pedicure and a movie tomorrow..going to see a real mans movie with Russel Crowe in it with a couple of the geek squad guys I work with. well.. the movie anyway.. the Pedicure is only me... LOL.. but it helps with the feet doing what i do... I am going to try to avoid Illinios, Ohio , Texas Lousiana and Arkansas that are either fresh declarations or soon to be fresh... and finish out my time for the year..... ... see what hits next year.... the raise I got has been nice on paychecks and the per diem up here is pretty fat so.. this is going to be pretty profitable for me. Time to enjoy home again. Two more weeks eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home