Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Second Wind Tuesday

Today FEMA man Traced a network cable from a balky printer to an obscure box in a wall way back in the back of the mall. Imagine a mouse cam view of a blue network cable going through amazingly hard to get into places to this switch. The net effect of the effort was to find the location of a problem and help a bunch of people to be able to print. These connection problems are a daily thing.. In Places where cables are on the floor they get run over by chairs or walked on by heavy shoes and get bruised so they quit working… then.. you have to trace the end of the wire through hell and gone to where it connects to the network and often pull replacement wire along the same route. Not a good day to have on your cape usually.

I had to take computer parts out to the depot this evening.. last thing of the day. This is where they are marshalling and shipping out among other things, the trailers that the people evacuated are going to live..... Oh My God.. what a bunch of trailers. Trucks to the horizon bringing them in and shipping them out.. 24 X 7 they are handling them.. it is simply the biggest operation I have ever seen.

I am going to take and post pictures from this building on Sunday… it is the slowest day and least likely to draw any flak for doing so. I have just decided it is too interesting not to document and post.

Only three more days after today till I get a different Hotel. Going to move on Friday so if you have not sent snail mail yet please hold off doing so. I am moving to a place where I get towels delivered to me and that has a pool and a gym… :-D I am pretty happy. Some of the people that have been here a couple months are getting transitioned over into apartments and condos (?) not sure how that would work but I am pretty happy with a smaller room and someone to make my bed and take out my trash. For now I am ok with restaurants for my food, lots of diversity here in types of things to eat and I am avoiding fried chicken and burgers for now.

And on that subject (written at work during break) I stopped at a Sushi place on the way home from work tonight and ate $35 worth of prime Sushi. The Yellowtail was simply the best I have ever tasted.. buttery and sweet. I had Tuna and Salmon too.. along with a tiny portion of eel for desert (it is served with a sweet sauce). YUM!! Nothing funny today.... the announcements for cars parked illegally are getting more creative (parking is horrendous for those folks that try to get to work EXACTLY on time).. this afternoon they threatened burning a Hertz rental that was blocking four other cars..... I never saw smoke so I presume it was moved.

:-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FEMA man, do you want me to work on designing a costume? Jake could give me some ideas I think.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually the long-term cadre can get executive suites at the same rate the gov. pays for motels. Everything is furnished and I believe maid service - usually they have washer/dryers. When you travel a lot, it is nice to have a little apartment now and then.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

Go FEMA MAN!

It seems to be that you need 3 colors, one for the tights, one for the underwear/cape, and one for the inside of the symbol...

whatever that is...

Jake

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it! Take a basic boring job and make it sound exciting.

JJ was here!

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home