Saturday, March 11, 2006

Summer::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hi guys.. sorry for the long absences here.... the change of scenery to the JFO have limited my time a bit with a different work situation... But I had some time this afternoon ahead of a day off and put this together. Happy Weekend everyone!!


Today was 88 degrees… wind straight off the gulf of Mexico and muggy like a moist towelette on your face. I can remember summers nearly this far south… I know why I do not want to spend a summer here for sure.. beyond any hurricane things, it is freakin hot and oh so humid.. plus the mosquitoes… and chiggers and roaches.. ewwwwwww…

I am working on a case that is a piece of malicious vandalism on the network. A group of people create a share folder on the network and all of them but no one outside the group has access to the folder. Someone within one of these groups that is pretty sophisticated made hash out of one of these folders inside a share and made it not accessible to anyone. It has taken two days to try to find and return all the files this messed up and it looks like a situation where the people that did it performed a criminal act in order to play this joke. I think it is a rivalry within the group that got out of hand and created a real mess for us and of course the people in the group that were denied work tools for a couple days. We have arranged a surprise for anyone else in that group trying it again though.

Everything is on track for out of here on April 25th it seems. Class on the 20th in Maryland. So week after next and then home for three or four weeks and then out of here. Still plan on being in the springs before May 1 to find a place and get settled again. I am looking forward to my shopping spree… I need a TV and some furniture for sure.. maybe a new mattress as I am thinking about one of those fancy foam mattresses…Thinking about a couple of consumer electronics purchases and maybe a bicycle upgrade plus a couple adders for my BIKE to make me more roadworthy. So I am going to be BUSY getting all that stuff… and the fun of buying it.. as you know I have been not buying anything here so that I would not have to take it home.. so I have been many months without buying anything at all.. :-D

Summer is a coming.. this is a great year to avoid the gulf states from July through September cause of the hurricane threat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shopping spree sounds like a lot of fun. If you need any help let me know. We are looking forward to seeing you again. Things just aren't the same without you here. You are the glue that holds us together.

5:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pick me! Pick me! I wanna to shoppin' with ya! JJ

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home